Thursday, February 2, 2012

Allinson Connection from Vietnam War

U.S. Air Force Republic F-105D Thunderchief fi...Image via Wikipedia
Given that my last name is somewhat "different" (and notoriously misspelled!), years ago while I was Googling my name I came across a news byte for a US Air Force Captain who went MIA during a mission in 1966 over Vietnam. Captain David Jay Allinson went missing after ejecting from his F-105 Thunderchief plane on August 12, 1966 after taking automatic arms fire (he was later declared dead and awarded DFC and Silver Star and promoted to Colonel). Of interest, yours truly (David Eric Allinson) was born on August 24, 1966! Kinda freaky to think that I was born just 12 days after his death! Furthermore, like me he was also a Virgo as he was born on September 17. (I have only come across a handful of David Allinson's over the years). Of interest, Colonel Allinson was from Helena, Montana -- and who knows, he could indeed be a distant, long lost direct relative?!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment