Saturday, March 12, 2011

Bikram Hot Yoga Experience

A yoga class.Image via Wikipedia
About 3 weeks ago I finally followed up a lifelong urge to take up yoga. I have never particularly had a flexible body (even during the Judo days from my youth), but I have read about the multitude of benefits for both body and mind from yoga practice. I did some quick research and liked idea of practicing in a hot (95-105F) environment with hot Hatha-style yoga (to me, it makes sense to warm up your muscles and tendons). I went to a Bikram yoga franchise in downtown Victoria and signed up for an introductory week. I then discovered another locale even closer to where I live after the fact, argh! I admit I'm now hooked! I am happy to report that I have already seen an improvement with my stamina and flexibility, with added bonus of weight loss and reduced water retention.

I am now on Day 13 in a row of a personal 30-day challenge. I love challenging myself with specific goals!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment